I became an auntie.
Jack, the most beautiful, talented, intelligent, and fabulous little boy the world has ever seen, entered my life in the wee hours of Thursday morning. Now that's really all I can think about. I want to hold him and snuggle him and nuzzle his fuzzy little head and kiss his tiny fingers. My appetite for pictures of Jack is completely insatiable. I'm trying to surpress that appetite with malted milk shakes, but it's not working. I WANT MORE JACK.
Instead of going on and on and on about Jack ("You've already done that," you're saying. Sorry. I can't help it!), I'm going to share with you my favorite make-ahead meals from Hot Dinner Happy Home. Because when a new baby enters your life, you bring food. It's just a thing. But please come back on Monday to find out about my bake sale tips!
Sleep-deprived parents will be happy that breakfast is taken care of when they're munching on these Coffee Cake Muffins.
Shepherd's Pie is cozy, delicious, and easy to reheat.
They'll forget Chinese take-out when you bring Cashew Chicken.
Turkey Meatloaf just like Mom used to make. Well, almost.
You know what sounds good when Junior goes to bed (finally)? Chicken Enchiladas.
Also don't forget about these gift ideas from the Lady of the House for the new parents in your life:
- Wrap food gifts in a tea towel for adorable presentation and convenient clean-up!
- Sophie the Giraffe. I've seen Lady's little princess playing happily with Sophie for hours. It really is a good gift!
- Champagne is always welcome.
- Ding-Dong-Ditch. Drop off a meal and skeedaddle. You'll giggle and the new parents will enjoy a few guest-free minutes.
- Babies love to snuggle up in Swaddle Designs blankets.
- Baskets aren't just for Easter anymore. Use one of these gorgeous containers to make your gift extra special.