Monday, May 30, 2011

Erin attempts cutsie-tootsie

I think it's pretty clear that the Lady of the House has cornered the market here at Hot Dinner Happy Home when it comes to artistic flair and creativity. I cook hot dinner. (And, let's be honest, sometimes I cook cold dinner or leftover dinner or takeout dinner.) Unfortunately, however, I can't manage craftsy and cute.

Most of us eat with our eyes. With bake sales, in addition to the deliciousness of the treat, this translates to choosing the item with the most clever tag or the prettiest ribbon. When the Cookies for Kids' Cancer Bake Sale came to town, I was terrified. Quaking in my Wisconsin springtime wellies. Staying up at night worrying that no one would purchase my Ooey Gooey Caramel Chocolate Chunk Bars because their label wasn't appropriately adorned with Ric-Rac. Honestly, it was pathetic.

So, I did the only reasonable thing: I turned to the Lady of the House. She gave me a plethora of fabulous ideas on how to decorate my treats, and I did as well as I could. Lady, I hope I done you proud.

What about you guys? How do you get your treats bake sale ready? I'm definitely going to need ideas for next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment