Friday, May 6, 2011

Just do it.

Do you ever feel so busy that you don't get anything accomplished because all you can do is think about how busy you are? Which only makes you feel more busy? That's how I've been feeling lately. It's driving me a bit crazy.

Recently my pal, Jill, invited me to make dinner with her, and if you ask me, friendship is way more important than folded laundry or a crumb-free kitchen floor. So I put aside my busyness and headed over to Jill's blue abode for a delicious meal.

I was in charge of bringing an appetizer to munch on while we cooked. Often I find myself stressing out over appetizers. What will coordinate with the main course? What will be classy and delicious? Here's a better question: Who cares? Does it taste good? Then it's an excellent appetizer.

Since I was short on time, I swung by my local market for a hunk of cheese that happened to be on sale. Then I grabbed a box of crackers from my cupboard. Et voila...cheese and crackers. Was this the swankiest appetizer I could have brought? No. (Especially since I showed up with the cheese still in its wrapper and the crackers safely encased in their box.) Was it stress-free and fabulously tasty? Heck yes. 

So next time you're feeling anxious about your passed hors d'oeuvres or the perfect dessert to bring to a dinner party, take a deep breath and remember that the friendship is what counts. No one cares if you bring baked alaska or Sarah Lee poundcake from the freezer section...they care about YOU.

I'll hop off my soapbox now. Have a good day.

P.S. In case you're wondering about the crackers and cheese Jill and I gobbled, here are some lovely photos courtesy of the interweb.

No comments:

Post a Comment