Wednesday, July 13, 2011

For Rent by Lady of the House

I've been watching too many food-related documentaries lately. You know, the scary ones that tell of land shortage, soil depletion, genetically modified crops and a slew of other gruesome details that leave you hungry and confused on the sofa? The over-arching theme of each film I've seen is that Americans are eating less actual food than ever, and we're paying for it. So, I've decided to make some necessary changes, slowly. (More on that in posts to come.)

My first endeavor was, I realized, an expensive one. After watching Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead, I just had to have a juicer. And then in my search, of course, I just had to have the exclusive version Williams Sonoma and Breville just introduced. Well, that's not happening at close to $400!

And then I did a strange thing...I typed in "juicer for rent SF" and, in the way I stumble upon most of what I do online, there before my very eyes was my juicer, and a wonderful new website to share with you: Rentalic.com

You guys, this is too much fun. You just type in what you're looking for and your zip code, and if it's out there, you can contact the owner. Punch bowl? Huge table for Thanksgiving? Baby toys for your visiting nephew? You name it. And if it isn't showing up, you send a request and people will contact you if they can help. Hey, and while you're perusing other people's stuff, don't forget to post your own. Yes, you could be making money on that trampoline you used to jump on in the 80's!

I'm picking up my juicer tomorrow for a cool $6 a week. I'll be toasting Rentalic and my health, okay and soil depletion! Cheers!

xoxo
{ Lady of the House }

No comments:

Post a Comment