Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Squeaky Clean by Lady of the House

When I have the luxury of a trip to the grocery store that includes my husband, I usually clear off to sniff bars of soap and read the detergent labels. I have a total thing for products, okay, an absolute weakness. I realized we had a situation when I discovered not two, but three different bottles of dish soap under the kitchen sink, four all-purpose cleansers, and a bounty of solvents that would make even Mr. Clean's ugly head spin.

A detox was in order. The typical shift from commercial-grade toxic cleansers, or a greening wasn't the plan, I needed to silence all the cheery, organic and typographically yummy labels beckoning me over and over again. Enter Casabella, an empty spray bottle, a few handy cloths and the recipe to remedy all the grocery store bottle-huffing.

So here's how it works. It's simple. You'll need a spray bottle and a few things from around the house.
1. For general surface cleaning: Baking soda -- 2 tablespoons to 16 ounces of warm water
2. To hit your windows and mirrors: Distilled White Vinegar -- 1 teaspoon to 16 ounces of warm water
3. To disinfect: Tea Tree Oil -- 10-20 drops to 16 ounces of warm water

(The recipes above come from Casabella's handy TIPS found on their website

Keep house sensibly, safely, and save your pennies for vacation.

Happy Spring cleaning, lovelies!!

xoxo
{ Lady of the House }

No comments:

Post a Comment