Monday, August 20, 2012

Toasty Tuna Nicoise Sandwich

A few years ago the husband and I went on a grand adventure to France. We ended our trip in the gorgeous city of Nice. As we wandered the streets looking for lunch one day, I came across a sandwich in a shop window that looked unbelievable. It was about the size of my face, for one. I love a giant sandwich. And it was filled to the gills with deliciousness.

But I had one little problem...I didn't know how to order it. My French is sub-par, to say the least. So, I turned to the husband for help. After he muttered something to the ladies running the cafe, I had my sandwich in hand, and I was a happy gal. "How did you order that?" I inquired.

The husband chuckled, "Well, it roughly translated to, 'how do you say that big sandwich?'"

Today I'm sharing with you my homemade version of my delicious big sandwich. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Toasty Tuna Nicoise Sandwich
Serves: 2

7 ounce can tuna, drained
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
2 tablespoons chopped Kalamata olives
3 tablespoons chopped roasted red peppers
2 tablespoons mayo
Pepper
2 ciabatta rolls, sliced in half
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup baby spinach

Preheat oven to 400 degrees or heat your panini grill. Meanwhile combine tuna, lemon zest, olives, red peppers, and mayo. Season to taste with pepper. Evenly divide tuna between the bottom halves of the ciabatta rolls.

Sprinkle with cheese, then top with spinach. Close up the sandwich with the top halves of the rolls. Wrap the sandwiches individually with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or grill in your panini press until cheese is melted. Serve warm


No comments:

Post a Comment