Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Herb-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Zucchini

I wasn't sure about this recipe. When I originally read it, I thought it might be boring. Then I started worrying about the fresh herbs. If I put fresh herbs in a hot pan and then in a super hot oven, will they burn? But despite my concerns, I gave it a shot.

And I was glad that I did.

As we were enjoying our hot dinner, the husband looked up at me and said, "I feel like I'm eating at a restaurant! This pork is delicious!"

The pork wasn't boring at all; it was incredibly flavorful. The herbs didn't burn; they added freshness and pizzazz. The result? A restaurant-quality dinner at our dining room table.

Herb-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Zucchini
Serves:2-3

3/4 pound pork tenderloin
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley, divided
1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary, divided
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 very small (or one medium) zucchini, halved and sliced 1/4" thick

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Meanwhile, rub pork tenderloin with 1 tablespoon parsley, 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, and a generous amount of salt and pepper. Heat oil in an oven-proof skillet over medium high. Add pork and cook until browned on all sides, about 8-10 minutes total, turning every couple minutes.

Meanwhile, toss the zucchini with the remaining 1 teaspoon parsley, 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, salt, and pepper.

Once the pork is browned, add the zucchini to the skillet around the pork. Pop the skillet into the oven and cook for 5-10 minutes, until the pork is cooked to an internal temperature of 135-140 degrees. Set the pork aside, tent with foil, and allow it to rest until the internal temperature reaches 145-150 degrees.

While the pork rests, toss the zucchini in the skillet so it absorbs all the delicious drippings from the pan. Thinly slice the pork and serve with the zucchini.

No comments:

Post a Comment