Friday, August 17, 2012

Strawberry Peach Smoothie

I had a serious crazy pregnant lady moment the other day. Like "is she for real?" crazy.

It started with a hankering for a smoothie. I'd been thinking about it all afternoon: an icy cold, sweet, refreshing smoothie.

As I was starting to make dinner (chicken and the aforementioned smoothie, not exactly well-balanced, but somehow exactly what I wanted), I realized I had a problem:

I didn't have a straw.

Yes, that's right. I needed to drink my smoothie with a straw. NEEDED to. So, I texted the husband, "Can you bring me a straw when you come home from work. I need one for my smoothie." (I text in complete sentences and use punctuation. Further proof that I'm super lame.)

20 minutes later, and I hadn't heard back from the husband. That meant he was stuck at work. I had chicken on the grill, so I couldn't leave to go to the store and buy a straw. (Although I was very tempted to.) How, exactly, was I supposed to drink my smoothie without a straw? My anxiety levels were creeping higher by the minute.

So I went back to my trusty phone. Completely shamelessly, I texted my friends Ryan and Niki who happen to live up the street. "Can I borrow a straw? I need one for my smoothie."

And then Ryan saved the day. He brought me over a solid plastic straw from one of those pretty plastic cups that include their own straws. It was red. It made my day. Thanks, Ryan! I owe you a smoothie.

Strawberry Peach Smoothie
Serves: 2

5 ice cubes
1/3 cup vanilla yogurt
1 cup sliced strawberries
1 cup sliced frozen peaches
1 tablespoon honey

Combine ingredients in a blender. Blend everything together until smooth. You may need to stop and stir a few times to get the ice unstuck from the blades. Serve with a straw.

1 comment: