Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Hey Santa! by Lady of the House

A few years ago, my family and I took a detour to Christmas fun, and opted for a good old-fashioned-name-out-of-the-hat gift exchange. I'm happy to report that we landed at the same cheerful destination, but perhaps with a bit more distinction, a bit more flair. Whatever you call it--Secret Santa, Pollyannna, Kris Kringle--I think there's a lot to be said for focusing on a recipient and spending your hard-earned money in one place rather than frittering it on every last relative at the dollar store. If you take it seriously (which you absolutely should) it prompts a careful study of the recipient, and you may find yourself really calculating things, allowing yourself the time to be thoughtful.

This year, I took to the interweb (Erin's hilarious word--not mine) and decided to see what was out there. Could we elevate things? Could we transcend the spit-balled, handwritten, horribly torn post-it note with "MOM" scrawled in ball point? I mean, as much as I like getting mail that looks like a fraction of a ransom letter, I thought, there must be someTHING some nerd developed that makes this funny situation digital and perhaps anonymous. And enter, with pride I'll add, Boogspace.com. Don't laugh. It's the most ridiculous name, but quite the clever gifting tool, and from personal experience, I think you and your family will love it. You can make sure couples don't get paired up, and you can even make a wish list so your uncle doesn't buy you Spanx. um...

Happy family gifting!

xoxo
Lady of the House

1 comment:

  1. HAAAAA!!! Why couldn't I come up with a name as clever as "Boogspace" when I was naming my blog?

    ReplyDelete