Friday, October 7, 2011

Spinach Dip

Lately I feel like whatever I do, I'm in a hurry. Hurry to work. Hurry to meetings. Hurry to the grocery store. Hurry home. Hurry to see friends. I was even hurrying through my meals. So, I'm trying to sloooooow dowwwwwn.

It's not easy.

Last Friday, we were invited to our friends' house for burgers and Wii. It was just what I needed after a hustle and bustle week. Of course, I got out of work later than expected, and had to hurry, hurry through making my contribution to the evening: pre-dinner munchies. It was a darn good thing that Therese recommended a super easy dip recipe for me to make. "Just make the spinach dip on the back of an envelope of Knorr vegetable soup mix. It's really good!"

It was good. And easy. And fast.

I didn't let it sit for the requisite 2 hours, but no one judged me for it. That's what friends are for: feeding you burgers, playing Wii, and not judging you for dip from an envelope that didn't sit for 2 hours. I'm making this stuff again.

Spinach Dip
Serves: lots!
Adapted from: Knorr

10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
8 ounces light sour cream
8 ounces plain Greek yogurt
3/4 cup light mayonnaise
1 envelope Knorr vegetable soup mix
1 8 ounce can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
Sliced raw veggies, crackers, etc. for serving

Thoroughly combine all ingredients and refrigerate for two hours so the flavors have a chance to meld. Serve with your favorite vegetables, crackers, or pita chips for dipping. Or, if you're feeling ambitious, buy a round loaf of bread, scoop out the insides, and serve the dip in a bread bowl.

7 comments:

  1. I've made that exact recipe bunches of times, and I usually use miracle whip and low fat sour cream (about half of what the recipe calls for), which means it is very spinach heavy. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting recipe! I am going to give this a try for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious! I love spinach dips but yours takes on that "no guilt" kind of approach. I would REALLY enjoy downing half a bowl with ...whole wheat crackers (just keeping it healthy) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dip sounds fantastic and it's quick awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that dip! I really like the addition of the water chesnuts, it gives it a nice crunch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No hurrying is such a task. I almost think it is not worth slowing down. :)

    This dip looks like a great find for those very likely hurrying time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one is a standard and a favourite in our house! Oh so easy and tasty!! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete