Monday, August 15, 2011

Sunday Night

Know what I just did? Made a lunch for the husband. It's sitting in the fridge; ready for him to grab before work in the morning. See it there? Right in front of the lemonade? That there's lunch.

The husband recently had a bit of a schedule change at work, and now he's brown bagging it as opposed to dining a la cafeteria. Usually I take lunch-making as an opportunity to show him how much I love him in the middle of the day. Last week, though, I was feeling under the weather, and I neglected my lunch-making duties. He was very understanding, and I just assumed he was thinking outside the bun and eating some fast food for a few days. Once I was back on my A-game, the husband looked at me sheepishly. "Can I tell you a secret?" he asked, shuffling his feet with obvious guilt.

"Of course."

"I didn't eat lunch all week."

He is such a sweetie pie, but making himself lunch isn't one of the husband's strong suits.

So this evening I tried to prepare a few items to make it easier for lunch-making throughout the week. To help keep the husband's arteries unclogged, I sliced up a bunch of carrot and celery sticks. I'll pop a couple in a baggie each day, and voila! Veggies.

Then, I cut up some fruit. It's just not lunch without fruit. And since it's prepped for me, it'll make it easier to feed the husband fresh melon instead of fruit roll-ups. (Are fruit roll-ups part of the food pyramid?)

That's what I did to get ready for lunches this week. How about you? What do you do to make lunch prep easier? Comment below, or share your ideas on our Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment