Friday, August 9, 2013

Zucchini

I took a stroll through my neighborhood, pushing Danny on his little trike and admiring the beans and raspberry bushes and tomato plants flourishing in my neighbors' gardens. It got me thinking...maybe someday I'll have a vegetable garden. But "someday" has a few caveats:

  1. I'll need to move to a house with a sunny backyard.
  2. I'll need to devise some sort of automatic watering system because there's no chance I'd remember to water the plants enough to keep them alive through harvest.
  3. I'll need to make an arrangement with the rabbits, chipmunks, and squirrels that they will not nibble on my produce. I will stand for no nibbling. (Do you hear that, chipmunk who was lurking around my potted herbs today?!)
  4. I'll need to win the lottery so I can hire a gardener to tend this hypothetical vegetable garden. Who am I kidding? I don't have a green thumb, and I don't think I'll have one someday. 
Until a lucky lotto scratch-off ticket makes my veggie dreams a reality, I've compiled a list of zucchini recipes to help all you gardeners out there use up your produce. 

Salmon and Vegetables in Parchment--Sounds swanky, but it's really quite simple. 


Herb-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Zucchini--Redolent with fresh herbs and you only dirty one pan. What's not to love? 



Pasta with Zucchini and Lemon-Yogurt Sauce--Easy, healthy, and perfect for meatless Monday.

Summer Harvest Bread--It's called "Summer Harvest Bread." Need I say more? 

Carrot Zucchini Bread--This bread is really good... 

...but I was just looking for an excuse to share that cute picture of my kid baking again.



No comments:

Post a Comment