Wednesday, November 9, 2011

'tis the gift to be simple by Lady of the House

My custom upload...but how cheery would a family photo be?!

Forgive me, but I must gloat. I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping. Yep! I know, it's barely November.

This year is different for me, somehow. Maybe the ol' 3-0 has something to do with it, but I decided to stop obsessing over "perfect" gifts with "perfect" wrapping that will be "perfectly" applicable for all recipients, and I decided to get real. We're at a point in our family now where the kids feature predominantly, and there are only so many bottles of wine, sets of napkins, calendars and picture frames that inspire me enough to get my booty to the post office. (I'm so glad I finished my gifts for the kids--the crayon roll-ups-- in September!)

Enter an amazing website called TisBest.org. This site is pure genius. Lemme break it down for you. You buy a gift card, in any amount. You choose either to print, email, or snail mail a flashy 100% recycled plastic number to your buddy. You can select one of their designs, or upload your own image, as I did with my favorite photo of the year (above). And then there's the joy of just scrolling through their list of charities your recipients can gift. It may be just the thing. Especially when you can name your price. Check it out!

xoxo
{ Lady of the House }

No comments:

Post a Comment