Wednesday, November 23, 2011

It'll Be Our Little Secret by Lady of the House


Don't worry, this isn't an attempt at abstract art. These are shots of my blender crammed full of fruit, yogurt, juice and one secret ingredient just before I hit the switch. I've been making smoothies a lot lately. As a Mom I worry about feeding my little one a rainbow of colors each day, and I see no other treat that's as nutritious, portable or downright yummy. Step aside V8 Splash!

I find if I incorporate my daughter in the preparation of meals, she seems to dig in, or in this case, drink up, with a bit more gusto. Cooking becomes a lesson in counting and colors as we select frozen peaches from the bag, and she plops them into the blender. Yes, we sit on the kitchen floor, and yes, it takes triple the amount of time it would if I had done it myself, but it's so worth it.

Here's what you need...
1 banana
3 big spoonfuls of vanilla yogurt (I buy the full fat variety. Oh yes.)
1 generous splash of orange juice (and perhaps more if your blender starts to struggle)
5 frozen strawberries
5 frozen sliced peaches
about 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
and for the SECRET ingredient: frozen spinach!! You'll never taste it, and it's so good for you.

Blend, pour, sip. Now, if only Thanksgiving dinner was this easy...
xoxo
{ Lady of the House }

1 comment:

  1. WE do that too! Only we use a handful of fresh spinach. I made a smoothie for my kids and asked if they liked it, they said yes, then I told them. Now my daughter asks "You didn't forget the spinach, did you?"
    Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete