Friday, October 29, 2010

Whoops!

Has this ever happened to you?

You work hard to make a delicious and nutritious dinner for your family.  You sit down at the table to eat, and, ewww, it tastes nas-tay.  The dinner, gorgeous in your mind, is a flop.

At our house, we have a standing rule about such dinners.  If dinner is unpalatable, we go out for fast food.  Why suffer when you can have McNuggets?  I heartily recommend this rule because it takes the pressure off!  If dinner is bad, you have a back-up plan.  That gives you the freedom to try new things in the kitchen.

The most recent dinner disaster in my home was a pork loin roast I made in my slow cooker.  Although it smelled delicious when I walked in the door after work, it was overcooked and dry.  I was particularly frustrated because it was a big hunk of meat.  Instead of throwing it (and my hard-earned money!) all in the trash, I wanted to figure out some way to redeem the pork.  What could I do to add some moisture back in and disguise the bland flavor?

Come back on Monday to find out how I turned disaster into delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment