Friday, February 26, 2016

Roast Acorn Squash

I'm a big fan of acorn squash. Usually I just pop it in the microwave whole and mash it up with plenty of brown sugar and butter. But this year the acorn squash hasn't been as sweet and tasty as usual, so I've been avoiding it at the grocery store.

That is until I had Roast Acorn Squash at a friend's house. It was divine! Roasting it brought out the squash's natural sweetness. In the past I worried that leaving the skin on the squash might taste weird, but it was SO GOOD. Plus you don't have to peel it. You guys know I'm all about making my life easier in the kitchen.

Roast Acorn Squash is totally my new go-to veggie. Give it a try and let us know what you think!

Let's get cooking!
Erin


Roast Acorn Squash
Serves: 3

1 large acorn squash
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and paper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Slice squash into 1" half moons and place in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet.

Sprinkle dark brown sugar, oil, salt, and pepper over squash and toss to coat. Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes. Take a peek at the bottom to see if the squash is caramelized and browned. (If it's not, pop it back in for 5 more minutes.) Once it's caramelized, flip the squash and cook for another 5-10 minutes, until squash is tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment