Monday, February 15, 2016

Crockpot Queso

Until very recently, I'd never made my husband's beloved Ro-Tel cheese dip. But then our Carolina Panthers made it to the Super Bowl and, by the Sunday of the big game, resistance was futile. I bought a 16-ounce block of Velveeta cheese product and glanced at a few online recipes. There are literally (and I don't use that word lightly) a bazillion ways to make Ro-Tel cheese dip. Here is mine, which I call Crockpot Queso.

XOXO,
Amy





Crockpot Queso

1 pound lean ground beef
1 onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 tablespoon taco seasoning
16-ounce block of Velveeta, cubes
2 cans of Ro-Tel Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained (I recommend the No Salt Added variety as the Velveeta has plenty of sodium.)
1/2 to 1 tablespoon canned, diced jalapenos (I use 1/2 heaping tablepoon of the HOT variety)

Fry beef with onion, garlic and taco seasoning. Drain and place in crockpot.

Add all other ingredients to crockpot and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla chips. Keep Crockpot Queso on low while serving.

Leftovers can be refrigerated and reheated.

No comments:

Post a Comment