Friday, January 25, 2013

Apricot Curry Glazed Carrots

Recently, the husband's parents came to Milwaukee for a visit. I don't even kid myself into thinking they came to see the husband and me...they came to see our boy. He's much cuter than we are.

While they were here, I made Turkey Meatloaf Florentine. (As an aside from today's recipe, you should totally put Turkey Meatloaf Florentine on your menu for this week. I forgot how good it is. Turkey dotted with spinach and glazed with honey mustard...Mmmmm.) I also made potatoes au gratin. From a box. I have no shame.

But these carrots were not from a box. You use a few simple ingredients that you probably have lying around your kitchen. Crisp-tender with a sweet glaze that gets a kick from the curry.


Apricot Curry Glazed Carrots
Adapted from Kalyn's Kitchen
Serves 4

1/4 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons apricot preserves
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon curry powder
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 pound carrots, sliced 1/4" thick (I used baby carrots because I had them on had. Use what you've got!)

Place broth, preserves, butter, and spices in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally. Once it's boiling, add the carrots. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and allow the carrots to simmer for about 8 minutes. Remove the lid and allow the carrots to continue simmering until the liquid is reduced to more of a thickened glaze and the carrots are crisp-tender, 2 to 4 minutes longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment