Monday, January 28, 2013

Superfruit Smoothie

I just shoveled. The tip of my nose is still burning from the cold and my ears are tingly. The smell of damp mittens is lingering in the air. An errant bit of snow is melting in my sock.

Yet I want a smoothie. An ice cold, refreshing smoothie.

On a recent trip to the mall (to pick up some new contacts for the husband and get free samples at See's Candy), I swung by Panera for a Superfruit Smoothie. According to the nice lady behind the counter, it contained Greek yogurt and berries. I slurped that Superfruit Smoothie down like it was my job. It was dang good!

But since I don't get to the mall every day, I had to figure out how to make one at home. Just for cold, snowy days like this. So I can sit on my couch in my plaid PJ pants and striped socks and really enjoy it.


Superfuit Smoothie
Serves one very thirsty gal

6 ounces blueberry Greek yogurt (about 3/4 cup)
8 frozen strawberries (about 1 cup)
5 ice cubes
Splash of juice (I used about 1/8 cup of cranberry apple juice.)

Toss all of the ingredients in the blender and blend until very well combined. If you're having a hard time getting your blender going, you might need to add a bit more juice.

1 comment:

  1. Well that is quite an outfit, I must say! Enjoy your smoothie on this cold afternoon.

    ReplyDelete