Friday, January 11, 2013

Parmesan and Yogurt Crusted Chicken

Is anyone else completely hooked on Pinterest? I can't get enough. Unsurprisingly, most of my pins have to do with food. As I scroll through images, I'm always tempted by cupcakes piled high with frosting, gooey brownies, and decadent truffles, but sometimes I manage to find a dinner recipe.

I kept coming across this chicken recipe that people referred to as "OMG Chicken." I was intrigued. With a name like that it promises to be delicious, but it looked ridiculously simple as well. You take your chicken breasts, schmear them with stuff, and pop them in the oven. Boom. Done. Eat dinner.

And you know what? It really is OMG good.

P.S. Want to see the rest of my pins? Find me on Pinterest here.


Parmesan and Yogurt Crusted Chicken
Serves: 4
Adapted from Pinterest

1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a small bowl, combine yogurt and Parmesan cheese. In a separate small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.

Place chicken breasts in a baking dish large enough to fit them in a single layer. Evenly spread Parmesan and yogurt mixture over the chicken. Sprinkle with seasoned breadcrumbs.

Bake in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes, until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Tent with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment