Friday, May 8, 2015

Sauteed Green Beans with Lemon

Spring is here, and the weather in Charlotte has been gorgeous. With the temperature rising, I haven't been in the mood to roast my vegetables. This may come as a shock to those of you who've been reading this blog for a long time and know how much I adore roasted veggies. From asparagus to radicchio, I have roasted it.

But now my taste buds are craving something lighter and fresher. So I set out to find a way to cook green beans that was as simple and delicious as roasting.

Well, you guys, I think I found my new warm weather go-to: Sauteed Green Beans with Lemon.

Let's get cooking!
Erin



Sauteed Green Beans with Lemon
Serves: 4

1 tablespoon butter
1 pound green beans, stem ends trimmed
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
Salt

Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add green beans and cook until they get brown spots, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add water and cover skillet. Allow beans to cook until they're bright green and beginning to soften, about 2 minutes. Uncover skillet and continue to cook until beans are crisp-tender and liquid has evaporated, another minute or two. Turn off the heat and stir in lemon juice, lemon pepper, and salt to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment