Monday, August 10, 2015

Shrimp Salad

During our kitchen renovation, my family relied at times on prepared foods from the fresh bar at our grocery store. One of the items we tried: shrimp salad. I'd never made shrimp salad but recently got a hankering to do so. The steamy temps in Charlotte had me craving something light and I had lettuce to pick from my new tower garden.

Sometimes I like to sample two or three salads at a meal. With this shrimp salad, I'd be tempted to also try Cucumber Sesame Salad and Grilled Peach Salad with Goat Cheese.

XOXO,
Amy



Shrimp Salad
Adapted from Food.com

1 pound cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined (40-50 count recommended)
1/3 to 1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 celery stalks, finely chopped
1 1/2 carrots, diced small
1/4 cup onion, finely diced
2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Lettuce or sandwich rolls for serving

Cut shrimp in half (if desired--depends on personal preference). Combine shrimp with rest of ingredients. Note on the mayo: 1/3 cup will probably be enough. Start with that and you can always add more.

Chill for one hour. Serve on top of lettuce or inside sandwich rolls.


No comments:

Post a Comment