Monday, July 6, 2015

Chili Lime Corn Salad

We have been eating pretty simply this summer -- when we've been eating at home, that is. You see, we are remodeling our kitchen. It is exciting. It is stressful. In our upstairs main kitchen, we have use of our new dual-fuel range, but no sink. Luckily, we have a partial kitchen downstairs with a sink. At least I'm getting a workout while I cook.

So, anyhow, the other night while the hubby grilled sausages, the kids and I whipped up this corn salad that I just made up in my head as we went along. (For their part, the kids gathered the ingredients, spread  the corn and peppers on the cookie sheet and, otherwise, just kept me company.)

The kids were so-so on the dish, but hubby and I enjoyed it. I will make it again and will plan ahead to have fresh cilantro on hand. Cilantro would be a nice finishing touch -- taste wise and visually.

XOXO,
Amy



Chili Lime Corn Salad

16 ounces of corn (fresh or frozen)
1 red pepper, diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt, pepper
1/4 medium to large red onion, diced finely
1 lime
1 teaspoon chili powder
Fresh cilantro, to taste (optional)

Spread corn and diced red pepper on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle the olive oil over the corn and peppers. Give the pan a light coat of salt and ground pepper. Roast at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until some kernels change to a nice caramel brown.

Combine into one bowl the corn, peppers and onion. Stir in the juice of one lime and one teaspoon of chili powder. Top with fresh cilantro if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment