Monday, April 6, 2015

Roasted (Kitchen Sink) Brussels Sprouts

One major coup of my marriage: I got my husband to eat--and like--Brussels sprouts. Now if I could just get him to like mushrooms.

I have followed recipes for Brussels sprouts. They often call for honey or maple syrup and maybe bacon. Mmm, bacon. Now, I just kinda use whatever I have on hand--hence "kitchen sink." Sriracha is nice for balancing out the sweetness.

Anyhow, I recently roasted what I call "kitchen sink" Brussels sprouts and the younger daughter ate two (victory!) and the hubby ate many more. The point is to be adventuresome, use what is on hand, and make sure to cook them long enough that they aren't hard (hubby hates that).

XOXO,
Amy

Roasted (Kitchen Sink) Brussels Sprouts
12-16 ounces Brussels sprouts, trimmed
1 shallot, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
Honey -- generous squirt (No honey? Use maple syrup. What's really good is maple syrup and bacon or ham)
Sriracha -- to your liking
Salt
Ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 425. Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl. Spread onto a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with Pam. Bake at 425 for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment