Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Apricot Glazed Carrots

I had a jar of apricot preserves languishing in my fridge after making Apricot Mustard Glazed Ham, Although as you know, I'm a huge fan of PB&J sandwiches, I'm strictly a strawberry jam kind of gal. So I had to come up with a plan to use up my leftover condiment more creatively.

Enter Apricot Glazed Carrots.

Sweet and subtly spiced, these babies are just the ticket to round out any meal. You can stir them together on the stovetop in about 10 minutes, so it's a speedy side dish, too.


Apricot Glazed Carrots
Serves: 4

1 tablespoon butter
1 small clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
2 tablespoons apricot preserves
1 pound carrots, peeled and sliced 1/4" thick
Salt and pepper

Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in garlic and curry and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in chicken broth, apricot preserves, and carrots and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Remove lid and continue to cook until carrots are tender and sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes longer. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment