Monday, December 3, 2012

Sesame Green Beans

Am I the only one who gets stuck in a veggie rut? It's shameful, seriously shameful how many times a week we eat frozen peas. Someone please tell me I'm not alone here.

When I made teriyaki chicken recently, I decided that I couldn't stomach yet another boring vegetable. So I used the same technique and flavor profile from Sesame Asparagus to add pizzazz to my green beans. (By the way, does saying "flavor profile" make me sound like I'm on Top Chef? I love that show.)

The Sesame Green Beans that resulted were anything but bland. In fact, I snuck the leftovers from the fridge and ate them cold the next day. In my book, that's the barometer of a good vegetable.


Sesame Green Beans
Serves: 4
Adapted from An Occasion to Gather

1 pound green beans, ends trimmed
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted

Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add green beans and cook for 2 minutes. Drain green beans.

Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high. Add beans and saute for 2 minutes or so, until they are crisp tender. Stir in the soy sauce and sesame oil. Remove green beans to a serving platter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment