Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Tomorrow is Christmas! I'm so excited, I can't even stand it. I'm pretty sure I like Christmas Eve even more than Christmas day. All the anticipation...Oh, geez!

What are you doing for Christmas? Are you having people over for roast goose and carols? Please tell me you are. In case you were wondering, we'll be a small but fabulous crowd at my house this year: the husband, my sister, Danny (baby's first Christmas!), and me, of course. At the husband's request, I'll be making prime rib, which I've never done before. Wish me luck.

My Christmas excitement is obviously causing a bit of blathering here. Sorry about that. What I meant to share is a super easy centerpiece in case you're like me and forgot about that kind of thing. I always have good intentions about setting the table, but then I get caught up in the food and forget about decor. Miraculously, I thought of this lovely idea for a recent holiday fete at our place:

Purdy, ain't it? So easy:
  1. Get out a white platter or plate.
  2. Put some candles on the platter.
  3. Sprinkle cranberries around the candles.
  4. Light candles.
  5. Boom goes the dynamite.
Step five was actually my Christmas excitement getting the best of me. Anyway, I used tea lights because that's what I had on hand, but this looks lovely with pillar candles as well. Just use what you've got. Make it work people. 

Go forth and be merry!

1 comment:

  1. Can you give us a report on the Prime Rib? That cut is SOOOO expensive I've never gotten it! It's OK to ruin a lb of gr beef or a couple of chops, but maaaannnn-dola, that cut goes way beyond my cooking comfort zone. I save that for restaurant dining (when we have a coupon). But, with your encouragement, I may give it a whirl!

    ReplyDelete