Monday, October 5, 2015

Cheater Crockpot Chicken Curry

My pantry is always stocked with secret sauces, not that I'm tight-lipped about them. You might recall my Easy Yellow Curry Shrimp Pasta. Busy moms need some short-cuts sometimes. Every mom needs a "cheater" dish or two. I'd direct you to Andrea's Slow Cooker Pork Tomatillo-Verde Tacos.

I'm a big fan of Trader Joe's bottled curry sauces -- the Thai Yellow Curry Sauce used in my shrimp pasta dish mentioned above and the Thai Red Curry Sauce used in my Cheater Crockpot Chicken Curry.

This is a go-to meal Chez George, especially in the colder months.

XOXO,
Amy



Cheater Crockpot Chicken Curry

6 frozen chicken breasts
1 pound carrots, peeled and trimmed, but left whole
1-2 onions, cut into big hunks
3-6 potatoes, red or sweet, cut into big hunks (I peel sweet potatoes, but not the red potatoes.)
2 bottles Trader Joe's Thai Red Curry Sauce (or Yellow Curry Sauce -- your preference!)
Jasmine rice, cooked according to package directions.



First note that in the above ingredient list, the quantities are subject to your preference and what you have on hand. I usually use just one kind of potato -- red or sweet. But this last time I happened to have both potatoes around. Anyhow, you cannot mess this up.

Add all ingredients, except the jasmine rice, to the crockpot. The frozen chicken should be on the bottom and the sauce is the last thing that you add. Cook on low for eight hours.

If you'd like to add frozen peas or fresh basil to your curry, toss those in about 15-20 minutes before serving.

Serve over rice. Enjoy the leftovers, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment