Monday, February 24, 2014

No-Stir Granola

You guys. I can't stop eating this granola. It's becoming a problem. I sneak a handful while I'm making breakfast (usually yogurt...with granola), and another as I make my PB&J for lunch. When the mid-afternoon munchies hit, you bet I'm back in the granola jar. Then maybe another scoop before dinner. And after dinner. And, while I'm at it, before bed, too.

I think I have a granola problem. But, really, is that a bad thing?


No-Stir Granola
Adapted from The Frugal Girl

1/3 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup light brown sugar
4 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 cups old fashioned oats
3/4 cup slivered almonds
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1 1/2 cups dried cranberries (optional)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a large, rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.

In a large bowl mix together maple syrup, brown sugar, vanilla, salt, and vegetable oil. Stir in oats, almonds, and pecans until everything is evenly coated. Press mixture into prepared baking sheet. Bake for 25-35 minutes, until granola is golden brown and smells toasted. (Start checking around the 25 minute mark to make sure it didn't burn.) Allow granola to cool on the baking sheet for 1 hour. Break into clusters and stir in dried cranberries, if using. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.

Serve over yogurt, topped with milk, or sprinkled on a banana hot fudge sundae.


No comments:

Post a Comment