Friday, September 6, 2013

Herb Roasted Potatoes

I was going to tell you that I don't like potatoes, but then I really sat down and thought about the humble spud. Baked potatoes are fantastic, french fries rock my face off, and I salivate like Pavlov's dog when I think about mashing them with a stick of butter and some cream.

And I really like Herb Roasted Potatoes, obviously, or I wouldn't be sharing them with you. Surrounded by the aroma of rosemary and thyme, they are soft and fluffy inside, while maintaining a crisp exterior. There's really something magical that happens when you roast a potato.

I guess I should let it be known: I do like potatoes.


Herb Roasted Potatoes

14 or so small red potatoes (about 2 pounds), cut into 1/2" pieces
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
3 sprigs fresh thyme
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place potatoes, rosemary, and thyme on a very large, rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Toss everything together so the potatoes are evenly coated.

Bake for about 30 minutes, stirring halfway through, until potatoes are golden brown and crisp.

No comments:

Post a Comment