Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Overnight Oats II

I'm not always the best at planning ahead. For example, I'm having a baby in, oh, about 9 weeks. After months of hemming and hawing, I finally decided what crib I liked. When I went to purchase said crib, it was on backorder. So I tried another website. Backorder. And another. Backorder. After checking out every single outlet on the world wide web that sells the crib, they are...All. On. Backorder. So, that means my crib should arrive in about 8 weeks. If all goes well, that is.

Guess I should have planned ahead just a bit better.

Thankfully, when I want Overnight Oats, I only need to prepare the night before. I know I've shared my recipe for this tasty breakfast in the past, but this is a new variation thanks to Bill, one of the investment dudes I work with. He recommended stirring frozen berries into my Overnight Oats. After trying it, I think Bill is a true genius. The frozen berries thaw during their overnight stay in the fridge and make it even faster and easier to grab your breakfast in the morning. Thanks, Bill!

P.S. Excuse the sub-par photos of this recipe. This is real-life stuff here. I make Overnight Oats before bed and grab them in the morning, so that's when these pictures were taken. I don't have energy to use anything by my cell phone camera at either of those times.

Overnight Oats II
Serves: 1

1/2 cup old-fashioned oats (not quick-cooking)
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup frozen fruit (I like raspberries.)
1.5 teaspoons maple syrup (or to taste)

Stir together oats, yogurt, milk, fruit, and maple syrup. Refrigerate overnight. When you're ready for breakfast, stir to make sure everything is combined. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I make this all the time it's such a great way to make sure you have something wholesome and healthy to grab for a quick breakfast. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

    ReplyDelete